About Mercedes-Benz Star Xentry DAS diagnosis software, many customer will always consider these some questions
1) how to choose 2.5" IDE HDD, 2.5" SATA HDD and external HDD ? IBM T30 or Dell D630 HDD format ?
2) Xentry DAS diagnosis software should be run on or installed on laptop? Do the customer need to buy the additional laptop,
3) SSD format Xentry DAS diagnosis software is more fast and good ?
vipprogrammer.com offer 3 kinds Hard disk versions DAS Xentry program, 2.5" IDE HDD, 2.5" sata HDD and Mobile HDD.
2.5" SATA Hard-disk (Dell D630 HDD format )
1) It is the universal Xentry DAS software HDD, and also cheaper, about 60-100USD, and
2) This version HDD format can work with Mb Star C3 and SDConnect C4 diagnostics head
3) 2.5" SATA HDDcan fit with almost all I3 I5 / I7 series Laptop, for example: Lenovo ThinkPad, T61, T400, T410, T420 and T430, X61, X200, X201, X220, X230, Dell D630, D620..., you can check the recommended laptop for Xentry DAS diagnosis software, http://www.vipprogrammer.com/automotive-diagnostic-software-manufacturers-81_122?page=3&sort=20a
2.5" IDE Hard-disk ( IBMT30 HDD format )
1) It is a lot slower than 2.5" SATA HDD, because of old connection.
2) This version HDD format just can work with Mb Star C3 Multiplexer, This version DAS Xentry software that is about to be eliminated. after 2015, the software is more big size, and DAS xentry software is very slow if run on IBM T30 serial laptop, latest T30 version DAS xentry is 2014.12 version.
3) IBM T30 format is quite old stuff and is out of date.
External hard drive features (external HDD):
1) If laptop broke, you could just plug it into another machine.
2) It is a lot slower than running it from disk, because of VMware overhead. If you use it 2 or 3 times a year, a VM solution is perfectly fine.
3) Hangs off the machine and can be damaged as you move the laptop around. If you pick up the laptop, the USB drive unplugs, then it will fall to the ground and you’re cooked.
Internal Hard drive advantages (2.5" SATA HDD):
1) Much faster, if you use it quite a bit then go External hard drive.
2) Internal hard drive has two format T30 for IBM T30 laptop and Dell format for Dell D630 laptop. IBM T30 format is quite old stuff and is out of date.
3) Internal is so much nicer because now I just have the multiplexer and laptop to carry to the car. Nothing to unplug or fall off.
For some special functions on DAS xentry software, (Smart TAN Code calculation, FDOK Key Calculator, etc), you need to activate the special software fucntion alone. New 2.5" SSD format DAS Xentry program run steadily than normal hdd format. improve 50% speed than Normal format HDD Das Xentry software.